Relias Certified CMS Professional Program Part I is proudly presented to you by Relias Academy. Thank you. We hope that you enjoy your course.
Date: October 17, 2018
Time: 3:30pm ET/12:30pm PT
Duration: 120 min.
Speaker: Sue Dill Calloway, RN, MSN, JD
Description: All facilities accredited by TJC, AOA, CIHQ, and DNV Healthcare must adhere to the CMS CoPs. This 525-page manual contains interpretive guidelines, policies, procedures, and standards that must be followed for all providers treating patients in hospitals or any hospital-owned departments.
Our Relias Certified CMS Professional Program will guide attendees through the entire CMS Hospital CoP manual and highlight major changes that impact hospitals. The program is divided into five parts with each part accompanied by an exam. After completing the program, attendees will receive a certification that they are a Certified CMS Professional (CCMSP).
Part I of the series will introduce the CMS Hospital CoP manual, discuss major changes in 2018, the CMS survey process, board and CEO, and medical records.
- Describe where to locate a copy of the current CMS CoP manual.
- Discuss the importance of a current history and physical for any patient undergoing an elective surgery.
- Explain why all verbal orders must be signed off with the corresponding date and time.
Accreditation Statement: Relias, LLC is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Contact hours [2.00] will be awarded to participants who meet the criteria for successful completion.
- Attend the webinar in its entirety or view the recorded presentation in its entirety.
- Successfully pass the post-test with at least an 80%
- Complete the evaluation survey.
In order to access the content, exam, and certificate click “My Courses” under “My Account” on the navigation bar.