Ambulatory Surgery Policy & Procedure Guideline Manual is proudly presented to you by Relias Academy. Thank you. We hope that you enjoy your course.
Policy & Procedure Guideline Manual
By Dana E. Pratt, RN, Nationally known Educator and Clinician
Consists of AAAHC, AAMI and AORN Ambulatory Surgery Guidelines. An invaluable tool in establishing a new Ambulatory Surgery Center. Easily adaptable to all phases of an existing Ambulatory Surgery facility.
- Comprehensive policies & procedures consistent with AAAHC, AAMI and AORN Ambulatory Surgery guidelines.
- Easily adaptable to all phases of an existing Ambulatory Surgery program and/or facility.
- Invaluable tool in establishing guidelines as well as policies and procedures for setting up a new Ambulatory Surgery center.
- Clear, concise policies which meet recommendations for The Joint Commission's Quality Assurance program…providing an essential tool in the area of risk management and litigation prevention.
- Staffing and sample job descriptions...numerous checklists and practical forms for the Ambulatory Surgery department.
- Competencies, competencies and more competencies!
- Templates and/or forms for Job Description/Evaluations, Disciplinary Forms, Competencies, Patient Care, and MORE.
Table of Contents:
- Administration/ Governing Body/ Executive Committee Responsibilities/Transfer Agreement
- Emergency Care/Malignant Hyperthermia/Latex Sensitivity/Code Blue Responsibilities and Sample Docs/Anaphylaxis Shock
- Surgical Services / Patient Management / Preoperative requirements and prep/ Wound Classification System
- Materials Management / Central Supply Inventory / Equipment purchases and evaluation - Quality Assurance/Risk Management
- Education/Orientation / New employees, Self Assessment and Evaluation / In-service/ Competencies
- Safety / Electrical; Fire; Laser; Electrosurgery; Sponge, Sharp and Instrument Counts; Universal Precautions; Temperature and Humidity Monitoring
- Infection Control /Infection Control Committee/ Surgical Attire / Cleaning and Processing Anesthesia Equipment, Endoscopes, Endoscopic Accessories, Surgical Instruments and powered equipment / Environmental Cleaning/Aseptic technique/ Biohazardous Waste Handling/ Sterilization Standards
- Medical Staff Requirements / Staff Rules and Regulations/ Granting Privileges / Corrective Action of medical staff / Medical Staff Committees - Nursing Services / Professional Conduct / Job Descriptions
- Personnel / File Content/ Physical Exam / Hepatitis B and HIV Testing Waiver Forms / Policy and Procedure confirmation / Disciplinary Counseling form
- Medical Records / Contents of Patient Surgical Chart / Medical Record Entries / Consent / Retention and Storage of Medical Records / Observers in the OR / Approved Abbreviations
- Radiology / Reducing Exposure
- Laboratory / Specimen Handling
- Pharmacy / Ordering / Storage of Medications / Administering Medications / Education / Reporting and Monitoring
- Patient’s Rights and Responsibilities